Call for Papers - Children with disabilities in conflict
2020-3 CALL FOR PAPERS
Children with disabilities in conflict
In conflict situations, children with disabilities are among the most vulnerable and marginalized groups. On the one hand, conflicts lead to an increased incidence of psychological or physical impairments among children and on the other hand, support services for children with disabilities are often not available. In addition to a lack of habilitation and rehabilitation programs, supply of food and provision of health or inclusive educational services often cannot be guaranteed, so that basic human rights are considerably restricted.
In consideration of the global scale of the phenomena, we are looking for a wide range of contributions addressing different aspects of the complex context of children with disabilities in conflict and respective research findings. Among others, articles may broach the following topics:
- Empirical data on the situation of children with disabilities, on the link between conflicts and crisis and impairment etc.
- Inclusive approaches for the support and protection of children with disabilities in conflict situations
- Educational opportunities for children with disabilities living in conflict situations
- Habilitation and rehabilitation programs for children with disabilities (including psycho-social impairments)
- Intersectional challenges
- Innovative models and support services on national and international level
Before you send us your suggestion, please read the journal’s attached Information for Authors first and then contact the coordinating editors for this issue via e-mail: Jana Offergeld (email@example.com) or Dr. Lukas Groß (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for submission of papers: 15.10.2020