Lake Victoria Disability Centre (LVDC) – Musoma, Tanzania
Tasks for volunteers:
- assistance in fields like art, handicraft, gardening, recreational activities etc.
- exchange of information with pedagogical employees
- implementation of project ideas in consultation with the local employees
Requirements for volunteers:
- first experiences in dealing with adolescents and young adults with and without disabilities
- Basic knowledge in the field of work education, vocational/social rehabilitation advantageous
- Openness and commitment, independence, intercultural sensitivity - Willingness to learn Swahili
- Knowledge of English and sign language are advantageous
Number of volunteers: 1-2
Accommodation: Host family or private apartment
Departure: between July and September
Stay: 12 months
Note: The placement is open to applications from deaf people or volunteers with hearing impairment.
Freiwilliger gebärdet vor der Klasse